DFW’s nonfarm payroll jobs total as of July is 3,629,100. The last time DFW had approximately the same number of jobs was in March 2018. In February, before the impacts from COVID-19, DFW had an estimated 3,845,100 jobs (123,600 jobs or 3.3% above the same month of 2019). Combining job losses for March and April, Austin lost 381,700 jobs. Growth in May, June and July has brought back 165,700 of those jobs.
Top DFW Job/News Announcements:
- Defense giant Lockheed Martin bucks the pandemic trend, plans to hire 700 workers in DFW
- Fidelity Investments hiring 300 in North Texas after ‘unprecedented engagement’ from clients
- FedEx heads to southern Dallas with big distribution hub
- Samsung is making a major expansion near DFW Airport
- Amazon to expand its tech hub in Dallas with 600 new jobs