Phoenix’s nonfarm payroll jobs total as of July is 2,049,500. The last time Phoenix had approximately the same number of jobs was in early 2018. In February, before the impacts from COVID-19, Phoenix had an estimated 2,231,400 jobs (69,300 jobs or 3.2% above the same month in 2019). Combining job losses for March and April, Phoenix lost 214,400 jobs. Growth since May has brought back over 32,000 of those jobs. The August through December hiring period is typically the strongest averaging over 120,000 new jobs per period since 2010.
Top Phoenix Job/News Announcements:
- Amazon to add more than 3,000 jobs to Phoenix metro area across 11 sites, including 500 tech jobs at new 95K lease at 100 Mill Ave. building.
- Phoenix transportation tech company, CVO Holding Company, moving HQ and 200 employees to Block 23 office project
- Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) Selects Tempe, AZ to Expand its National Presence, hiring 600
- Digital signature company, ZorroSign, moves headquarters from SF to Phoenix, hiring 300
- Robinhood to Expand Customer Experience Team with Hundreds of New Employees in Southlake, Texas, and Tempe, Arizona