Austin’s nonfarm payroll jobs total as of July is 1,069,900. The last time Austin had approximately the same number of jobs was spring 2018. In February, before the impacts from COVID-19, Austin had an estimated 1,137,900 jobs (38,000 jobs or 3.5% above the same month of 2019—an average trajectory for Austin in recent years). Combining job losses for March and April, Austin lost 128,600 jobs, or 11.4%. Growth in May, June and July has brought back 60,600 of those jobs.
Top Austin Job/News Announcements:
- BAE Systems Announces Expansion in Austin, Texas With a New Campus Development, hiring 1,400
- Billion-dollar tech startup, Hippo, wades into downtown Austin with new campus, hiring 150
- Tesla confirms it will build $1.1B factory in Austin, to hire 5,000
- Amazon Will Open 820K-SF Warehouse in Pflugerville to hire 1,000 workers
- Round Rock Chamber Confirms Amazon Delivery Station, creating up to 900 jobs