Houston’s nonfarm payroll jobs total as of July is 2,958,200. The last time Houston had approximately the same number of jobs was in January 2017. In February, before the impacts from COVID-19, Houston had an estimated 3,203,900 jobs (71,000 jobs or 2.3% above the same month of 2019). Combining job losses for March and April, Austin lost 350,200 jobs. Growth in May, June and July has brought back over 104,000 of those jobs.
Top Houston Job/News Announcements:
- Amazon to add 1,000 jobs in Houston area with new fulfillment center in Richmond, TX
- Google to open first Houston office
- Vertical farming co. Kalera inks lease in Jackson-Shaw’s Parc 59 industrial development, hiring 150
- Chevron signs on as first tenant in The Ion innovation hub
- Singapore LNG co. Delta Offshore Energy plans Houston-area office, hiring 20